10 Laundry Materials and Equipment: What You Need To Start Your Business
Laundry business is a business that requires the right equipment and supplies to make work easy. I am sure by now you have already decided to open a laundry business but if you are still contemplating,
Here is a list of important equipment you need to start a laundry business in Nigeria. If you have already started, these laundry equipment and tools will ease your clothes cleaning routine.
1. Washing Machine
Washing machine is one of the most important equipment you need to start a laundry business in Nigeria because it makes your work easier and faster.
This machine comes in different types and sizes. here are some questions you should answer before buying one:
- Do I need a Manual or automatic washer?
- How much space will it take in my store?
- What is the size of the drum?
- How long does the machine takes to wash the load?
- What key features does the machine has?
- How much electricity does it consume
- Can I start a laundry business without washing machine
The simple answer is yes but washing machines makes things faster. You can start small and grow.
Some laundry men prefer to use the sun to dry their clothes but there is no doubt that dryer is essential especially during raining season.
Dryer consumes a large amount of electricity during its process so you might want to consider that before buying one.
3. Drying Rack/ Washing Line
Drying racks or washing lines are very important even if you have a dryer. Some fabrics or types of clothing are better of under the sun than the dryer. Washing line might save you extra cash because it does not require electricity.
4. Pressing Iron
Pressing iron is a must have if you want to run a laundry business. For your clothes to look straight and new, you need the right kind of iron.
Here are Some Things to Consider When Buying an Iron
- The Watt of the iron – The higher the wattage, the better the performance of the iron.
- Non-Stick Coating – The quality of ironing depends on the quality of its soleplate.
- You should also consider the temperature control
- Also consider the weight of the iron. heavy weight iron is more effective but you must strike a balance.
5. Ironing Board
To enjoy pressing of clothes, you must get a good ironing board. An ideal ironing board is the one that has plenty of mesh or metal holes to allow air to penetrate through it, reduce your ironing time and give you better results.
In Nigeria, Generator is a must have if you want to run a successful laundry business. With the poor electricity supply nationwide, generator is very crucial to meet up with your client. Because of equipment like pressing iron, washing machine, dryer, it is advisable to go for a 5kva or higher generator.
Tables are needed especially during folding and packaging. Your office space will determine the size of the table
Not all clothes can be washed with washing machine, there are some fabrics you have to wash manually and some clients might prefer hand washing. Bowls are must have item in a laundry shop.
Buckets is equally important in a laundry shop.
Clothespins or pegs are use for hanging your laundry out to dry.
Some Cleaning Chemicals needed to Start a Laundry Business in Nigeria
- Stain Removals
- Upholstery Cleaner
- Colour-safe conditioner
- Suede or leader cleaner
- Proprietary whiteness-enhancing chemicals