Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun Professionally known as Wizkid, is a Nigerian singer and song writer. He started recording music at age 11 when he released a collaborative album with few of his church friends.
Wizkid Wiki, Profile
|Name:||Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun|
|Born:||July 16, 1990|
|State Of Origin:||Lagos State|
Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun was born on July 16, 1990 in Surulere, Lagos to a Pentecostal Christian mother and an Islam practising father. He grew up amidst twelve siblings where everyone had their choice of religion.
Today, he is a music star who has attained several feats, such as gaining international recognition in 2016, after doing ‘One Dance’, a collaborative song with Drake. The song reached number one in over 15 countries; UK, US, Australia and Canada inclusive. Wizkid is a great motivator for young musicians in Africa, and till date, he is the highest followed Nigerian musician on Twitter.
Wizkid’s father is Mr. Alhaji M. O Balogun and his mother’s name is Mrs. Balogun.
Wizkid Educational Background
Wizkid attended Ijebu Ode Grammar School, Ijebu Ode, Ogun State. He then proceeded to Lagos State University, LASU but dropped out in 2009. Later on, he enrolled at Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State and also dropped out after two sessions.
Wizkid Musical Career
Wizkid musical Journey and current fame as Africa’s biggest musical artist export didn’t just happen overnight.
It all started over 10 years ago when he got signed to Banky W’s E.M.E records in 2009, after which he released his first single titled “Holla at Your Boy”. it was the lead single from his debut studio album Superstar (2011).
“Tease Me/Bad Guys”, “Don’t Dull”, “Love My Baby”, “Pakurumo” and “Oluwa Lo Ni” were also released as singles from the Superstar album.
In February 2014, Wizkid became the first-ever Nigerian musician to have over 1 million followers on Twitter. Ayo, his self-titled second studio album, was released in September 2014.
It was supported by six singles: “Jaiye Jaiye”, “On Top Your Matter”, “One Question”, “Joy”, “Bombay” and “Show You the Money”. Wizkid left E.M.E after his contract expired.
On March 5, 2013, he announced his decision to establish his own record label, ‘Star Boy Entertainment.’
In the same year, he signed endorsement deals with mobile network MTN and beer company Guinness.
In 2016, Wizkid achieved international recognition following his collaboration with Drake on the global hit, “One Dance”. Which reached number one in 15 countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
You can read: Wizkid and Davido who is most popular in the world
Wizkid has received several awards for his music both in Nigeria and overseas. The awards include:
- Promising Artist of the Year, Dynamix All Youths Awards, 2010
- Best New Male Artiste, City People Entertainments Awards, 2011
- Best New Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2011
- Artiste of the Year, Dynamix All Youth Awards, 2011
- Best African Art, Music of Black Origin, 2011
- Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Award, 2012
- Hip Hop World Revelation of the Year, The Headies 2012
- Artist of the Year, The Headies, 2012
- Best International Act Africa, BET Awards, 2012
- Musician of the Year, The Future Awards, 2012
- Musician of the Year (Male), Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- African Artist of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2013
- Male Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2015
- African Artist of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2016
- African Artist of the Year, African Pride Awards, 2016
- Best West African Artist, Music of Black Origin (MOBO), 2017
- Artiste of the Year, Music of Black Origin (MOBO), 2017
- Best International Artist, Music of Black Origin (MOBO), 2017
Awards For his Songs
- Next Rated, ‘Holla at Your Boy’, The Headies, 2011
- Best Album of the Year ‘Superstar’, Nigeria
- Entertainment Awards, 2012
- Best Group Video of the Year ‘Slow Down’ R2Bees featuring Wizkid, 4syte TV Music Video Awards, 2013
- Most Gifted Video of the Year ‘Azonto’ Channel O Music Video Awards, 2013
- Hottest Single of the Year ‘Pull Over’ Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Most Gifted Duo/Group ‘Pull Over’ Kcee featuring Wizkid, Channel O Music Video Awards, 2014
- Best Recording of the Year ‘Ojuelegba’, The Headies 2015
- Best R&B/Pop Album ‘Ayo’ The Headies 2015
- Album of the Year ‘Ayo’ The Headies 2015
- Hottest Single of the Year, ‘Ojuelegba’ Nigeria Entertainment Award, 2015
- Video of the Year ‘Ojuelegba’ African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2015
- Song of the Year, ‘Ojuelegba’ African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2015
- Song of the Year, ‘Come Closer’ African Music Award (AFRIMA), 2017
Wizkid Endorsement Deals (2012-2020)
When it comes to Wizkid net worth in naira, there is no way we won’t talk about his numerous endorsement deals.
Wizkid Bags Endorsement deal with PUMA
In October 2020, Wizkid became the latest ambassador for sportswear brand Puma as his campaign images have been revealed.
While also bagging his first and biggest mobile endorsement deal when he became Tecno’s ambassador in march 2020, adding more millions to Wizkid’s assets.
Wizkid Net Worth
Wizkid net worth in 2021 is estimated at $63 million dollars, making him one of the richest musician in Nigeria. Wizkid’s major source of wealth comes via digital sales of his music, Sold Out shows, Real estate investments, local and international endorsement deals which include a ₦1 Billion Naira deal with the United Bank for Africa in 2019.
Wizkid’s latest Album Made in Lagos has over 400 million streams on digital platforms in 2021. Wizkid’s hit single Essence featuring Tems also made Barack Obama’s Favorite songs of 2020.
You can read: Davido and Wizkid who is the richest.
Thank you very much for reading Wizkid Biography And Net Worth to the end, please do us good to share this article among friends and family on various social media platform. Before you go It might Interest you to read Davido Biography And Net Worth.