A renowned security expert and Chairman, Trans-World Security Systems, Chief Ona Ekhomu is dead. He was 66.
Ngnews247 reports that Ekhomu died on Monday in Lagos after a brief illness.
Here things you should know about the popular Nigerian security expert, Dr. Ona Ekhomu:
- Born March 26th 1955 in Irrua, Edo State, Nigeria.
- Ekhomu was the first chartered security professional in West Africa.
- His father’s name is Augustine Ogbeni and Ekhomu mother’s name is Cecilia Edowaye Ekhomu.
- Author of the highly acclaimed book on security awareness: Effective Personal & Corporate Security (2009), Kidnap: Face to face with death (2014).
- He was also president of the Association of Industrial Security and Safety Operators of Nigeria (AISSON) and the Africa Representative of the International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO).
- A Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) No. 14210 and Certified Protection Professional (CPP) No. 8851, Dr. Ekhomu attended Western Boys’ High School, Benin City, Edo State, 1972; Nigerian Institute of Journalism, Lagos, 1974; obtained the BA (History) from Voorhees College, Denmark, South Carolina USA 1977; M.A (Political Science) from the Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 1979; and PhD (Public and International Affairs – Policy Management) from the University of Pittsburgh, USA 1985. Ekhomu also attended the Security Officer Training Academy of Allegheny County in Pennsylvania USA (1986).
- He obtained the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Act 235 Lethal Weapons Licence in 1986.
- In February 2014, Ekhomu was honored with the Security Pioneer Award by the Port Harcourt Chapter of ASIS International. In January 2011, he received the Quarter Century of Service Award from ASIS International.
- Ekhomu got married to his Wife, Victoria Omonigho Esangbedo and bless with children.
- Ekhomu died Monday night after he took ill some weeks ago at the age of 66.