Naija Gossip 247

Oh No! Young Girl Suffers Massive Shock, Dies Inside Bathroom After Doing This While Bathing

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

After a suffered a massive shock and died inside her bathroom, family and friends were left completely devastated.

A Russian schoolgirl drowned in the bathroom after her phone gave her a massive electrical shock when she dropped it in the water.

Yulia Vysotskaya, 14, charged her mobile when she slipped out of her hands at her home in Cheboksary.

Her devastated parents ‘called an ambulance but paramedics were only able to register the schoolgirl’s death and take her body to the morgue,’ said one report citing medical sources.

This is the third such case reported in little over a year in the country despite public warnings from experts about the deadly risks of using smartphones in the bath, with one cautioning that the risks are like ‘Russian roulette’.

In December last year, Russian martial arts champion Irina Rybnikova, 15, died instantly after using her iPhone plugged into a charger while in the bath at her home in Bratsk, Siberia.

The teenager was a champion fighter in pankration – a form of ‘no rules’ boxing and wrestling originating in ancient Greece.

Advertisements

Earlier that year, a 12-year-old girl named Kseniya P was electrocuted while listening to music from her charging phone while in the bath in Bolshoe Gryzlovo village in the Serpukhovsky district of Moscow region.

Her mother was cooking an evening meal and become worried about Kseniya’s silence.

She went into the bathroom and found the girl ‘already dead with her head under the water’. The phone was floating in the bath.

Electronics engineer Andrey Stanovsky has warned that ‘relaxing in a bathroom with your mobile phone plugged is like playing Russian roulette’.

After Irina’s death, Yury Agrafonov, the head of radio-electronic department of Irkutsk State University, said: ‘Water is a good conductor … This is why there was a short circuit when the phone fell into the water.

‘If the phone had not been plugged in to 220 volts, the tragedy would not have happened.’

***
Source: Daily Mail UK

Share with friends and colleagues!
Alamu Tosin

The writer is Alamu Tosin. I have three strong passions in life — football, blogging and movies — in that order. I love spending time with friends talking about the important things in life and hate nothing more than ‘authority’ and hypocrisy. My personal believe in life is that once an individual sets his/her mind to achieve something, it is totally possible. And oh!, I am a strong Lannister, because I always pay my debt. For writing or fixing gigs, contact tosinalamu@gmail.com.

Write A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Pin It