Airtime Purchase has become smarter with the *444# direct recharge. With just a single code (*444#), you can buy airtime, data bundles and other voice bundles directly from any of your bank accounts. – One code, All banks!
Just make sure your Airtel number is the principle line used in your bank and you have access to recharge from a selection of Nigerian banks. Just one code across a selection of banks.
How to use *444#?
- Dial *444# OR *444*AMOUNT#
· Select the service/product option you want. (the list of banks will drop if you are a new user)
- Select your bank (you will be prompted to enter your bank account number)
- Enter the bank account number for a one time opt in to use the service
- If valid, your account is debited and your phone is credited with the airtime/product value.
What are the banks available on *444#?
Available Banks: Access Bank, Diamond Bank, FCMB, Fidelity Bank, First Bank, Heritage Bank, Jaiz Bank, Keystone Bank, Skye Bank, StanbicIBTC Bank, UBA, Union Bank, Unity Bank and Zenith Bank are currently available on the scheme; and more will join in the future.
What are the Merits of *444# direct recharge?
- No USSD charges – no need for credit balance to use
- No need for an active data bundle
- No need for a smart phone
- Convenient- Any location, easy to remember
- Instant round the clock recharge (24/7 access to recharge, data and voice bundles)
- One code, all banks (*444#). No need to memorize different airtime codes
- Low denomination data and airtime starting from N50
- 10% bonus on airtime and data with purchase of N100 and above
- A customer can use multiple bank accounts provided their phone number is the principle number. No need for mobile banking activation
- Opt in by customer by once-off registration on initial airtime purchase
- eTranzact Switch as Technical Partner so information is secure based on CBN regulations
Apart from airtime, Airtel customers can also buy their data, TalkMore and smartRECHARGE (10X) bundles directly from *444# instead of first recharging and activating the bundle.
I have more than one bank account. Can I still use *444# to recharge from any of my bank accounts?
Yes, You can recharge your line from more than 12 major Nigerian Retail Banks. Dial *444# to see the list of available banks. Please note we are working at having all the retail banks in Nigeria on this platform so customers will have no need to remember different recharge codes.
Can I buy credit or data bundle for my family and friends?
No. To protect customers, this has not been enabled for now
How do I disable *444# ?
Just don’t dial the code. You need to initiate the service by dialing the code yourself before you can use the USSD channel.