The former Provost Marshal of the Nigerian Army, Maj Gen Hassan Ahmed, has been assassinated in Abuja.
It was gathered that the military officer was killed on Thursday night in the Abaji area. A further report revealed that the gunmen also abducted his sister.
Here few things to know about Maj Gen Hassan Ahmed
- Major General Ahmed was born on 16 February 1968 in Maiduguri.
- He hails from Maiduguri Local Government Area of Borno State.
- He attended Yelwa Comprehensive Secondary School Makurdi, where he obtained his Senior Secondary School Certificate of Education.
- He gained admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) in 1988 and was granted Regular Combatant Commission on 25 September 1993 as a member of 40 Regular Course in the rank of Second Lieutenant.
- Late Major General Ahmed held a Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science and Defence Studies, as well as a Master’s Degree in Strategic Studies from the Nigerian Defence Academy.
- Until his death, Ahmed, army number N/9698 was the Director at the Army Headquarters in Abuja
- Major General Hassan Ahmed is the former Provost Marshal of the Nigerian Army
- He was murdered on Thursday in the Abaji area, in the outskirts of Abuja.
- Maj General Ahmed is married and bless with children.
- In recognition of his meritorious services to the nation, late Major General Hassan Ahmed was honoured with several awards and medals, including the Forces Service Star, Meritorious Service Star, Distinguished Service Star, Field Command Medal and Fellow Defence College among others.
Read More Latest Story >> Ngnews247.com