How To Create WhatsApp Link In Nigeria?
Customers generally dislike waiting for an email reply or being kept on hold when they reach out to a business. And this is the reason why customers are always looking for the easiest and fastest way to contact them. In today’s world of instant gratification, WhatsApp is becoming customers’ best friend to get in touch with a business. With this trend emerging at a lightning-fast speed, more than 5 million businesses have already been using WhatsApp to interact with their customers.
In this article, we explain what is WhatsApp’s click-to-chat link, why use it, how to create one and where to implement these for the best results. Let’s dive into it.
What is WhatsApp’s click to chat feature?
The click-to-chat link allows businesses to chat with customers and website visitors on WhatsApp. Once a person clicks on the link, a chat window will open on their phone or on WhatsApp web, where they can directly chat with the business. The biggest benefit is, neither the business nor the customer has to save any number on their phone.
Click to chat works on both your phone and WhatsApp web, as long as the person clicking on the link has a WhatsApp account.
Here is an example of a WhatsApp link embedded in an image. This will open a chat window on WhatsApp with our WhatsApp chatbot.
Why use WhatsApp click-to-chat link?
- Hassle-free – Customers don’t have to save your number in their contact list before they contact your business.
- One-click to chat – Just one click initiates the conversation between your business and the customers on WhatsApp.
- Multiform factor – Can be used as a hyperlink, QR code, or can be integrated into an image or a GIF.
- Lead magnet – The links can be used prominently with an offer banner on your website or can be hyperlinked in the chat widget to initiate conversion, generate leads and sell. With click-to-chat link and chat widget, small businesses who just have a website can sell directly on WhatsApp without having to invest heavily into building a full-fledged e-commerce website.
How to create a click-to-chat WhatsApp link?
There are two ways to create a WhatsApp link. The first way is to directly visit Wa.link and follow their instructions HERE, put the phone number and the message in a specific format and another way is to generate it within the Business app. Let’s take a look at each of these.
1. WhatsApp link generator
You can create the link using Whatsapp link generator services. We recommend wa.link. Navigate to the website, put the number and text for a pre-filled message. Click “Generate my wa.link”. There appears a window with your link and QR code.
2. Create a link within the WhatsApp business app
If you are already using the WhatsApp business app then you can create the link within the app itself. This link will have a unique ID linked to your business account and will initiate the chat only with the number linked to your WhatsApp business account. But you can always create links for multiple WhatsApp numbers with the steps mentioned earlier.
To generate a link from the Business app, go to Settings> Business Tools >Short Link
The format of the link created in the Business app will be: https://wa.me/message/NSGZX546XIj1 and the text after “message/” will be your unique code.