Sarah Harding, a founding member of the platinum-selling British girl group Girls Aloud, has died at the age of 39 following a battle with breast cancer.
Harding revealed in August 2020 that she had been diagnosed with the disease, which had spread to other parts of her body.
Her mother Marie announced the news on Instagram, describing her “beautiful” daughter as “a bright, shining star”.
Here few things you should know about Sarah Harding.
- Sarah Nicole Harding was born on 17 November 1981 in Ascot, Berkshire.
- She was an English singer, model and actress.
- Her professional career began in 2002 when she successfully auditioned for the ITV reality series Popstars: The Rivals, during which Harding won a place in the girl group Girls Aloud.
- In 2009, Girls Aloud won “Best Single” with their song “The Promise”.
- On 24 March 2021 Harding released her final single, “Wear It Like a Crown”, which she had recorded ten years earlier.
- Harding was engaged to DJ Tom Crane during 2011. She was also in a two-year relationship with DJ Mark Foster from late 2012 to late 2014.
- Sarah Harding died at the age of 39 following a battle with breast cancer.
May her soul rest in Peace