5 Facts You Should Know About Unilorin
For five years, the University of Ilorin has reportedly been the most subscribed tertiary institution in Nigeria.
This means the university is the most preferred choice for candidates seeking admission into universities. For instance, in 2017, out of the 1,212,818 total applicants seeking admissions into the 40 federal universities in Nigeria, 104,038 candidates chose UNILORIN.
So, if you are seeking admission into this institution, here are five things you need to know about the institution.
1. The University of Ilorin was one of the seven institutions of higher learning established by a decree of the Federal Military Government in August 1975.
2. The University began as a University College affiliated to the oldest university in Nigeria in 1975 under the leadership of the then principal, Dr T.N. Tamuno.
3. The University of Ilorin is one of the foremost universities in the sub-Saharan African with an uninterrupted academic programme for over 16 years.
4. According to Economic Confidential, the quality of lecturers at the University of Ilorin is one of the reasons admission seekers considered in making the university their first choice institution.
5. The university like has a dress code for male and female students. In a statement released on Monday, January 22, the university management stated that every female student must comply with the university dress code because dressing decently according to the management is a reflection of individual character and personality.