The Federal government has launched ITF Mobile, the first made in Nigeria phone after Otunba Niyi Adebayo, the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, presented the cell phone to President Muhammadu Buhari.
Many Nigerians have opined that the initiative is commendable, encourages local production, and boosts the economy. Below are the things you need to know about the Mobile phone.
About ITF Mobile
1. The phone is an Android phone produced by the Electrical/Electronics Technology Department of the Industrial Training Fund’s (ITF) Model Skills Training Center in Abuja.
2. The Mobile phone is made from components 100% locally sourced from Lagos and Aba, Abia State.
3. The phone is being readied for mass production.
4. The First Made In Nigeria Phone is one of the 12 cell phones produced in Nigeria.
5. The model skill training centre collaborated with the Institute of Technical Education and Services, Singapore. The institute also collaborated with ITF in five trade areas: computer networking, mechatronics and autotrophs, ICT, facility management, and culinary.
Meanwhile, Sir Joseph Ari, the Director-General of Industrial Training Fund (ITF), had presented and showcased the indigenous produced a 4D intelligent mobile cell phone at the Physical/Virtual 12th National Council on Industry, Trade and Investment.