President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed the former Commissioner of Finance in Lagos State, Wale Edun, as the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, on Wednesday evening.
Edun, who was a Presidential Adviser on Monetary Policies, was part of the first batch of the 28-man ministerial list that was sent to the Senate by President Bola Tinubu.
- Edun, 62, is one of Tinubu's closest advisers and a member of his economic team that helped prepare his election manifesto.
- He is from Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Wale Edun holds a Bachelor's Degree in Economics from the University of London and a Master's Degree in Economics from the University of Sussex, England.
- Wale Edun is a Nigerian economist and financial expert.
- Wale Edun is married to Amy Adwoa Edun (née Appiah)
- He is a Christian of Yoruba origin.