Tiwatope Savage popularly known as Tiwa Savage is arguably the richest female musician in Nigerian over the last eight years. A lot of people might be wondering how rich is Tiwa Savage and what is Tiwa Savage net worth on the Forbes list.
In this article, you would get to know more about Tiwa Savage net worth in naira, Biography, music career, relationships, house and cars.
Tiwa Savage Wiki, Profile
|Real Name||Tiwatope Savage|
|Husband||Tunji Balogun (m. 2013, divorced)|
|Date of Birth||February 5th, 1980|
|State of Origin||Lagos state|
Tiwa Savage Biography
Tiwatope Savage is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, recording artist, and single mum. Tiwa was born and raised in Isale Eko on February 5th, 1980.
She moved to London at the age of 11 years for her high school education, while studying in London, she became a backup vocal for American artists such as George Michael and Mary J. Blige.
Tiwa Savage Education
After she Obtained her first School Leaving Certificate in Nigeria, Tiwa Savage relocated to London at the age of 11 to further her studies. She graduated with a degree in business administration at the University Of Kent$ Berkeely music School both in United Kingdom.
Tiwa Savage Career
She later Relocated to USA where she began her professional music career in 2010, she startd her music career doing backup vocals for artists such as George Michael and Mary J. Blige. Savage signed a publishing deal with Sony/ATV Music Publishing in 2009.
She was however, inspired by the growth of the Nigerian music industry, Savage moved back to Nigeria and signed record deal with Mavin Records in 2012. Mavin Records is owned and managed by Nigeria Billionaire singer Don Jazzy. She made an appearance on the label’s 2012 compilation album Solar Plexus.
In July 3 2013, Her debut studio album “Once Upon a Time” was released, and it was supported by seven singles: “Kele Kele Love”, “Love Me (3x)”, “Without My Heart”, “Ife Wa Gbona”, “Folarin”, “Olorun Mi” and “Eminado”.
Her fame increased after The album was nominated for Best Album of the Year at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards and for Best R&B/Pop Album at The Headies 2014.
Savage’s second studio album R.E.D was released on 19 December 2015. It it was supported with two singles: “My Darlin” and “Standing Ovation”.
In June 2016, Savage signed a management and publishing deal with Roc Nation.
In May 2019, Universal Music Group announced the signing of Tiwa Savage. During said announcement, it was revealed that Savage left Mavin Records. Don Jazzy congratulated Savage on her UMG signing and said she will forever be remembered at Mavin. Don Jazzy added.
Savage sings in English and Yoruba; her music is a mixture of Afrobeats, R&B, pop and hip-hop. Savage’s contributions to the Nigerian music industry have earned her several achievements. She has been involved in youth empowerment and breast cancer screening projects and has raised funds to build schools in Nigeria. In July 2013, Tiwa Savage signs Endorsement deal worth N30 million with tel-communication giant MTN Nigeria.
Tiwa Savage House and Cars
The 40-year-old single mum can boast some exotic cars such as her latest ride, a custom-made Mercedes Benz V class that costs over $83,000.
She also owns other exotic cars that are not made known to the public yet, Apart from her Endorsement deals, which most of them are still active, Tiwa also has property investments.
Tiwa Savage house: She bought her first house, which is a Multi-million mansion worth N75 million in Lekki; the home is located at Heaven Homes, Richmond Estates Lekki Lagos.
Tiwa Savage’s Awards and Recognition
- The Best R&B Soul Song, ‘Kele Kele Love’, Afrotainment Museke Online Music Awards, 2012
- Best R’N’B Single, ‘Love Me’, The Headies, 2012
- Best Use of Costumes, ‘Without My Heart’, Nigeria Music Video Awards, 2013
- Channel O Music Video Awards, ‘Without My Heart’, Best Gifted Female Video, 2013
- Best Use of Costumes, Best Highlife, Best Indigenous Concept and Video of the Year, ‘Ife Wa Gbona’, Nigeria Music Video Awards, 2013
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards, ‘Without My Heart’, Best Collabo, 2013
- Best Collabo of the Year, ‘Without My Heart’, City People Entertainment Awards, 2013
- 4Syte TV Music Video Awards, ‘Without My Heart’, Best African Act Video, 2013
- Best Music Video of the Year, ‘Eminado’, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- The Best Collabo, ‘Girlie O Remix’, The Headies, 2014
- Most Gifted Female, ‘Eminado’, Channel O Music Video Awards, 2014
- The Headies, Best R&B/Pop Album, ‘Once Upon A Time’, 2014
- Best Reggae/Dancehall, ‘Girlie O’ (Remix), The Headies, 2014
- Best Album of the Year, ‘Once Upon A Time’, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Hottest Single of the Year, ‘Eminado’, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- The Best Vocal Performance (Female), ‘Wanted’, The Headies, 2014
- Best Love Song ‘My Darlin’, COSON Song Awards, 2015
- Best Collabo Song, ‘Girlie O (Remix)’, COSON Song Awards, 2015
- The Best Female Artist, ‘Wanted’, ELOY Awards, 2015
- African Video of the Year, Best African Female Video and Best West African Video ‘Bad’ WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards, 2016.
Tiwa Savage Husband, Son Father
Who is the father and husband of Tiwa Savage baby ? Tiwa Savage and her Ex husband Tunji Balogun also known as Tee Billz have a lovely male child who was born On 22 July 2015 and his name is Jamil Balogun.
Is Tiwa Savage still married to her husband ? The couple have had their ups and downs in the media, Particularly, Tee Billz accused Tiwa Savage of infidelity in their marriage though she debunked all claims.
In addition, Tiwa Savage had also accused Tee Billz of Lavish spending, drug addiction, abandonment and not contributing in the marriage. Following their last outburst on the media which lead to Tee Billz threatening to commit suicid,
Tiwa Savage Announced that her marriage with Tee Billz has ended and they’re officially divorced.
Tiwa Savage Net Worth (Forbes)
How much is Tiwa Savage Net worth ? Tiwa Savage net worth according to Forbes is estimated at $6 million dollars, making her the richest female musician in Nigeria and the most influential female artist in Nigeria, based on the number of endorsement deals she has with the likes of Pepsi, Forte Oil, Maggi, and M.T.N., Which was worth about N30 million naira.
While her music Albums sales, singles, and catalogs which also include her earnings from digital platforms such as Spotify and YouTube have all brought in six digits in million dollars.
Wizkid and Tiwa Savage Relationship
Is wizkid in a relationship with Tiwa Savage ? Tiwa Savage and Wizkid are more like mutual friends or like we say best friends, but many have regarded them more as lovers with the Level of Musical P.D.A.’s they display while performing together at sold-out shows.
Wizkid and Tiwa Savage Net Worth
Wizkid and Tiwa Savage who is richer? Many have also asked who is richer between Wizkid and Tiwa Savage? Wizkid’s net worth according to Forbes is estimated at $30 million dollars, which makes him way richer than Tiwa Savage who has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars.