Prepaid Meter Upgrade Online, Code – The update process is hassle-free. NERC has assured users that the update will be provided at no cost, offering a seamless transition to the new system. To facilitate the process, distribution companies (DisCos) will issue two free Key Change Tokens (KCTs) to each user, which will serve as the vehicle for the necessary update.
How To Upgrade Prepaid Electricity Meter
According to BuyPower, the following are simple steps meter owners can follow to update their prepaid meters.
- Visit the offices of your DisCos to get key change tokens.
- Purchase an electricity/energy token: When you do this, you will receive 3 tokens. The first 2 are the key change tokens and the 3rd (last) is your purchased electricity token.
- Enter the key change tokens: On your meter, enter the two KCTs (KCT1 & KCT2) one after the other, then the 3rd token, which is your electricity token.
- Your meter upgrade is now complete.
How to Upgrade IBEDC Prepaid Meter Online
For IBEDC users;
- Step 1: Visit https://tidrollover.ibedc.com/kctupgrade/
- Step 2: Enter your meter number in the space provided and click “Get KCT”
- Step 3: Type into your meter the KCT 1 given
- Step 4: Type into your meter the KCT 2 given
How to Upgrade Ikeja DisCo Prepaid Meter Online
For Ikeja DisCo users;
- Visit https://ie-payments.com/apps/tariff-migration-token/
- Enter your meter number in the request box.
- Click on ‘Submit'
- Two 20-digit Key Change Tokens will be generated just for your meter.
- Input the key change tokens on your meter and you should be good to go.
How to Upgrade KEDCO Prepaid Meter Online
For KEDCO users;
- Visit http://customercare.kedco.ng to load KEDCO's customer care portal.
- Select your complaint category – ‘Key change token'
- Put in your name, meter number, e-mail address, phone number, and service address.
- Click ‘Send Issue' to submit your request.
- After a while, check your email inbox for the two 20-digit key change tokens. It should be sent as ‘Key change 1' and ‘Key change 2'
- Put in the key change tokens in the right order. Input key change 1 first then press ‘enter'. After it shows ‘Success', input key change 2 and press ‘enter'.
This upgrade will not affect your current electricity tariff rate and getting your KCT is free of charge so disregard any message that may ask you to pay for it.