The Idoma traditional council has selected a new paramount ruler for the Idoma nation. He is Dr Elaigwu Odogbo.
This followed the death of the Ochi' Idoma, His Royal Highness (HRM) Elias Ikoyi Obekpa.
Here 8 things you should know about the new Ochi' Idoma
- was born on March 27, 1969, as the 5th born to the family of Mr Elaigwu Ekoja in Obagaji.
- Och'Idoma graduated from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria in 1994 with B.Sc. Honours in Accounting and a Master's in Business Administration from Benue State University in 2012.
- The new Och'Idoma also has a Post-Graduate Diploma in Education from National Teacher's Institute as well as an M.Sc in Accounting and Finance, Nasarawa State University, Keffi and Doctor of Philosophy in Accounting from Nasarawa State University Keffi.
- He is a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (FCITN), 2001, Fellow Certified National Accountants of Nigeria, (FCNA), 2002 and also an associate member of Nigeria Institute of Management, NIM.
- Comrade Elaigwu started his professional career and worked with Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS for 23 years and rose to the position of Assistant Director.
- He also held so many positions in the organisation, one of which included Chairman, Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria for two tenures from 2004 to 2012.
- He also served as National Ex-officio of the same Association from 2012 to July, 2018.
- His Royal Majesty Elaigwu comes to the traditional institution as an erudite trainer (resource person in FIRS) and a thorough professional with vast experience in taxation and accounting through international training and development.