Sculptures are artistic form in which hard or plastic materials are worked into three-dimensional art objects. The designs may be embodied in freestanding objects, in reliefs on surfaces, or in environments ranging from tableaux to contexts that envelop the spectator, according to Britannica.
List of 10 Most Expensive Sculptures in the World?
These are the 10 most expensive sculptures in the world.
- L’Homme au doigt by Alberto Giacometti – US$141.3 million
- L’Homme qui marche I by Alberto Giacometti – US$104.3 million
- Chariot by Alberto Giacometti – US$101.0 million
- Rabbit by Jeff Koons – US491.1 million
- La jeune fille sophistiquée (Portrait de Nancy Cunard) by Constantin Brâncuși – US$71 million
- Tête by Amedeo Modigliani – US$70.7 million
- Tête by Amedeo Modigliani – US$59.5 million
- Balloon Dog (Orange) by Jeff Koons – US$58.4 million
- La muse endormie by Constantin Brâncuși – US$57.3 million
- Guennol Lioness – US$57.2 million
Who owns the Most Expensive Sculptures in the world?
Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager, Steve Cohen owns the most expensive sculpture in the world. He purchased Alberto Giacometti’s 1947 L’Homme au doigt ( translated in English as the Pointing Man) for US$141.3 million at an auction.