One of the major weapons the devil is using to destroy marriages is anger. This weapon is so potent that it can destroy any marriage no matter how solid it is.
In many instances, people who get married to spouses that are prone to anger often get worried and troubled not knowing what to do to curtail the anger of their spouse.
If you are married to an angry person, the following points may be the solution you need:
1. Pray for Him/Her: Anger is a stronghold, you need a higher force to break its hold. Declare war against it in the life of your spouse, uproot it totally from your spouse in order to enjoy peace in your marriage. Don’t just pray, add fasting to it. Pray seriously for him/her and the Lord will deliver him in Jesus’ name.
2. Be Patient : When you have fasted and prayed and God’s deliverance didn’t come in time, you have to be patient, bear with him/her while the Lord is working on him/her. He/She may push you to the wall but don’t be tempted to react, hold your peace and be positive in your words and actions and the Lord will see you through in Jesus’ name.
3. Joint Prayers: “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.’’ Matthew 18:19
God respects the power of two in prayers. Use the strength of two by praying together with your spouse to address the spirit behind the anger in your spouse. Consistent prayer of unity will provoke greater results if you faint not.
4. Study The Bible Together Regularly: The potency of the word of God can defeat anger without stress. Both of you should immerse yourself in the Word of God daily, meditate on relevant scriptures and confess it daily.
5. Apologise Easily: In the heat of anger or misunderstanding, do not claim rights because this will fuel his/her anger the more. Instead, say ‘’I am sorry’’ to him. Even if it is obvious that he/she was wrong. This will pacify his anger as the Lord is working on him.
6. Use Friendly Tones: ‘’A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger’’-Proverbs 15:1
Always speak with soft tones and avoid anger induced response. No matter his/her manner of approach, never raise your voice to speak harshly. Don’t join him/her in his trade because you can’t win him/her in this trade of anger
7. Go Extra-mile to Rescue Your Spouse from the control of a Fool’s Spirit: Don’t give up on anger, be of calm spirit, be of good character and be hopeful for a positive change in your spouse. Also, read books on how to handle anger, encourage your spouse to read it too and follow its instruction. Rescue your marriage from the control of fool because Bible says anger rests in the bosom of fools.
‘’Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools’’Eccl.7:9
If You ayre Married To An Angry Person Here 7 Unusual Things To Do