Looking to access Twitter when it’s blocked? Whether it’s your work, school or government that’s blocking your favorite social media site, we’ll show you how to unblock Twitter using a VPN, and the best VPNs for the job.
Popular microblogging service Twitter is used by millions of people around the world to exchange views, thoughts, and random updates about daily lives. But it’s this popularity that has also caused some consternation: workplaces, colleges, and schools block it to ensure students concentrate on core tasks. Entire countries (most recently, Nigeria) restrict access because of Twitter’s potential to organize protests and ensure that the truth sees the light of day.
If you currently face hurdles in accessing Twitter, then your best bet is to use a VPN to unblock the service.
Short for Virtual Private Network, a VPN masks your location by encrypting all the traffic flowing to and from your device and tunneling it via an intermediary server. Network administrators, ISPs, and nosy surveillance agencies will find it difficult to monitor you on the web. Hence a VPN is a good choice to help you unblock Twitter.
In case you’re short on time, below is our list of the best Twitter VPNs.
Whether you want a Twitter VPN on Android, iPhone or PC, you can choose from any of the VPNs on our list.
Best Twitter VPNs
- NordVPN: Our first choice for a Twitter VPN. Vast network of blazing fast servers that retain your privacy. Unblocks most restricted content and is secure. Includes 30-day money back guarantee.
- Surfshark: Best budget option. Unblocks Twitter with ease. Good range of security features. Allows any number of simultaneous connections.
- ExpressVPN: Fast and reliable network that unblocks Twitter wherever it is restricted. Privacy and security features are high-grade and apps are easy to use.
- CyberGhost: Good choice for beginners. Easy to use. Apps have solid security and privacy features.
IPVanish: No issues circumventing Twitter blocks. Fast and secure servers.
- VyprVPN: Low latency with solid security and privacy. Cheaper options on this list.
- ZenMate: Great for unblocking Twitter but for streaming or downloading look elsewhere on this list.
How do I use Twitter on a VPN?
You’ll be happy to know, setting up a VPN for the first time is quick and easy on iPhone, Android or a desktop computer. Just follow the simple step-by-step guide below.
Here’s how to unblock Twitter with a VPN:
- Choose a suitable VPN service that can unblock Twitter. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download the appropriate VPN app for your device on app store. Note, most VPNs offer Android, iPhone and desktop apps.
- Open the VPN app and browse through the server locations and try to select a country/location that’s not too far from you geographically and doesn’t have a history of blocking Twitter.
- You should now be able to use Twitter like you normally would at home!
Twitter not working with a VPN on your browser? Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies then reloading the page.