Phone or ATM Card stolen can unfortunately occur, perhaps, you have your phone number link to your bank account. Your bank account may be hacked, the first thing to do is to block your bank account to prevent unauthorized person from withdrawing your money or having further access to your bank account, and your private data.
Therefore, it is very important to know, how to block bank account instantly if your ATM card or phone is stolen, and or fraudsters tempered with your bank account.
HOW TO BLOCK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND SIMCARD
- Call your bank customer Care and give your bank account details; account number and name.
- Log into your online banking and block your ATM.
- Visit your nearest bank branch and report to block your ATM card
- Dial the bank code with any available phone; enter your account number and name
Codes to block Bank Accounts with phone if your ATM Card or phone is stolen.
In a situation, your Phone or Atm is stolen, or you suspected fraudsters tempering with your account. immediately,
With a mobile phone, you can block your bank account from debit transaction.
This is done simply by dialing the bank code on your phone. Instantly, you will be required to type in your account number and name. Automatically, your account will be blocked from any debit transaction.
Some banks will require you to call customer care to block the account while others may require you to use a USSD code.
Every bank has a unique USSD code and or phone number different from others.
Banks’ codes or USSD codes to use to block your bank account.
- First Bank send “BLOCK” to 30012 via text message
- Zenith Bank – #966*911#
- GTBank – *737*51*10#
- Union Bank – text “BLOCK CARD NUBAN” to 20123
- UBA, dial *919*10# from the bank account registered
- Fidelity Bank dial *770911# from the mobile number linked to your account
- Keystone Bank call 23470020003000
- Sterling Bank call 070078378464
- EcoBank send “STOP” ATM your account Number to 0806326226
- FCMB Bank call + 2342798800
- Access call +23412802500
- Wema Bank call 08039003700
- Polaris call +2341270850
- IBTC Bank dial *909# from the mobile line linked to your account and select my bank and select service request then select block card.
How to block your SIMCARD
You can block your Simcard in the following ways;
Use of IMEI
IMEI is the identification number of the phone. IMEI number can be found on the phone settings, packet
In case, your phone was stolen. The first thing to do, is to go to the nearest police station and make a report. Then, take the police report and ID card to your service provider. Your service provider will block the phone and Simcard on the phone.
Perhaps, you forgot the Phone IMEI number, you can still block the phone AND Simcard. All you need is to contact your service provider, and request, to block your phone. In that case, you will be required to provide your ID and answer some questions to confirm whether you are the true owner of the phone.
Please it is important that you understand that this process is only available to some bank only. This means that other Nigerian Banks are yet to activate theirs. Hopefully, with time, they will join.