President Buhari on Thursday, May 7 suspended Hadiza Bala Usman, the Managing Director of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA).
However, according to sources, her suspension may be reversed as top personalities are pressing buttons so that her suspension can be reversed.
The official said the suspension was to allow a probe of allegations of improprieties against Ms. Usman to take place unhindered.
Here are a few things to know about her.
1. Hadiza Bala Usman was born on January 2, 1976, in Zaria to a Fulani ruling class family of the Sullubawa clan.
2. Her father, Yusufu Bala Usman was the grandson of Sarkin Katsina Muhammadu Katsina Dikko while her great grandfather , Abdullahi Bayero was the 10th Emir of Kano from 1926 to 1953.
3. She started her education at the university staff primary school of Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria.
4. She obtained a Bachelor’s degree in business administration in 2000 and a Master’s degree in development studies from the University of Leeds in 2009.
5. Hadiza started her career as a research assistant at the Centre for Democratic Development and Research Training in Zaria in 1999.
6. She worked at the Bureau of Public Enterprises from July 2000 to August 2004 as an enterprise officer.
7. She was hired by the UNDP for the Federal Capital Territory Administration as a special assistant to the Minister on project implementation from October 2004 to
8. She joined the Good Governance Group in Nigeria, a non-governmental organisation, as the country director of strategy from 2011 to July 2015.
9. Hadiza is one of the co-founders of the Bring Back Our Girls campaign, and is also a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress.
10. She was appointed Chief of Staff to Kaduna State by Governor Nasir El-Rufai in 2015.
11. She was appointed as the Managing Director of Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) in July 2016 by President Muhammadu Buhari making her the first female in the 63-year existence of the institution.
12. She is Vice President (African Region) for the International Association of Ports and Harbours (IAPH).
13. Hadiza was married to an economic analyst Tanimu Yakubu Kurfi and they have two boys.