Brigadier-General Dominic Obukadata Oneya, who was Military Governor of Kano State during the military regime of General Sani Abacha, is dead.
Ngnews247 reports Oneya was military Governor of Kano from August 1996 to August 1998 during the military regime of General Abacha.
Here things you should know about Dominic Oneya, ex-Military Governor of Kano;
- Brigadier-General Dominic Obukadata Oneya born on May 26, 1948.
- He was Administrator of Kano State, Nigeria from August 1996 to August 1998 during the military regime of General Sani Abacha.
- Dominic Obukadata Oneya was born in Apapa, Local Government Area, Lagos state.
- His family is Urhobo.
- His origins are in Agbarho, Ughelli North Local Government Area, Delta State.
- Command positions during his military career include Adjutant of 31 Infantry Battalion (1971–1972), Instructor at 4 Division Training School (1972–1973) and Instructor at Nigerian Army Military Training College, Jaji (1975–1977).
- As a Staff Officer from 1977 he served at Army Headquarters Lagos and in operations with the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (1980–1981).
- On 22 August 1996, General Sani Abacha appointed him Administrator of Kano State, Nigeria.
- On 17 January 2000, Oneya was appointed Chairman of the Nigeria Football Association.
- Oneya died on Thursday at his home in Effurun GRA, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State at the age of 73.