The founder of the world’s largest megachurch, Pastor David Yonggi Cho is dead.
Yonggi Cho, who also known as Paul Yungi Cho, died in the early hours of Tuesday at age 85.
David Yonggi Cho Biography, Age, Cause of Death, Net Worth
|Full Name||David Yonggi Cho|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1936|
|Place of Birth||Ulsan, Korea under Japanese rule, Ulju County|
|Cause of Death||Brain haemorrhage|
|Net Worth||$1 million – $5 million|
Here things you should know about Pastor David Yonggi Cho
- Cho was born in 1936 to a Buddhist family and lived through the Korean War.
- The cleric accepted Christ at 17 when doctors told him he would die from a serious case of tuberculosis. Cho credits God for his “miraculous” recovery from the disease.
- Cho started a church in Seoul two years after he graduated from Full Gospel College in 1956 which later turned into Yoido Full Gospel Church.
- Yoido Full Gospel Church grew into one of the most popular megachurches in the world and boasts more than 750,000 members.
- Cho has more than 500 church locations across South Korea and has sent thousands of missionaries to countries around the globe.
- Cho’s wife died in February this year. They are survived by their three sons.
- In 2014, he was sentenced to three years in prison for embezzling $12 million in church funds.
- He passed away after a long battle with brain haemorrhage at age 85.
- David Yonggi Cho’s net worth or net income is estimated to be $1 million – $5 million dollars.