How To Change DSTV Language To English From Other Languages: Did you know that you could change your DSTV language? I understand that this might be news in your ears, but it is possible. DSTV supports culture and language diversity that’s why the pay-TV company allows subscribers to change their language depending on preference.
As of now, DSTV supports only 11 languages; English (original), English (Family), French, Portuguese, German, isiZulu, isiXhosa, seTwana, Greek Afrikaans, and Sesotho. The subscriber can choose to set a different language for the default language and alternative language.
How to Change your DSTV Language to Another
Follow the steps below to change TV language ;
- Switch on your DSTV decoder and ensure it is correctly connected to the TV set.
- Hold your DSTV remote facing the decoder.
- Press the DSTV button (blue button) on your remote to go to the main menu.
- Search for the settings option (press the right key button on the remote).
- Select the User Preference option and press OK.
- Scroll down using the downward key button on your remote. Select Audio and Video then press the OK button on the remote.
- Next, scroll down then pause on the Default Language option. Press the left/right key button on your remote to select the preferred audio language. Click the Ok button to save the changes. The default language will change.
- Also, scroll down to select “Alternative Language”. The alternative language will be set in case the default language is not available for a certain TV show. Press the left/right key button on your remote to select the preferred alternative language. Click the Ok button to save the changes. The alternative language will change.
- Scroll and select Subtitles. Press the left/right key button on your remote to select the preferred subtitle language.
- After saving the changes, press the TV button on your remote to exit the settings menu.