President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Fatima Waziri-Azi as the director-general of the National Agency for Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).
The appointment was confirmed in a statement by Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity Garba Shehu on Wednesday.
Shehu said Waziri-Azi’s appointment was subject to the recommendations of the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Sadiya Farouq.
Here things you should know about Fatima Waziri Azi
- Waziri-Azi was the former head of the public law department at the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies.
- She was an expert in the rule of law and an advocate against domestic and sexual-based violence.
- Waziri-Azi take over from Basheer Mohammed.
- Member of Women’s Right advocate, a campaigner against domestic and sexual based violence and an expert on the Rule of Law.
- Dr. Fatima Waziri-Azi, is the new Director General of the National Agency for Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons.