In these last days, children of God must be informed about the perils of internet or social media addiction in today’s internet age. The word of God in 2 Timothy 3:1 reads “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.”
We are really in the perilous times when most spiritual giants have become lazy as a result of their addiction to social media. Some children of God are no longer interested in spending much time on prayer and the word of God. The family altar is no longer observed in many homes and the quite time has been replaced with a time to chat with friends, watch and share videos on social media. The prevalence of social media addiction has also quenched the fire of evangelism in many religious organisations around the world.
Some children of God have as much as four social media accounts, four phone lines and they want to comment, reply or share any post that interests them on social media. Others have as much as 3,000 social media friends or more. All these contribute to their addiction to social media and it is having negative effects on their personal spiritual growth.
As a child of God, in order to avoid social media addiction in these last days, the following tips will guide you and protect you from the danger of this end time menace known as social media addiction:
- Make sure you pray and study the word of God every day before you check your phone.
- Always switch off your phone or put it on silent mode when you are in any religious meeting or other programs.
- You must be aware that social media addiction can have negative effects on your personal spiritual growth if you don’t address it on time.
- Make sure you switch off your phone or put it on silent mode and keep it away from you when you are praying or studying the word of God.
- Always switch off your phone at a particular time before you go to bed and switch it on in the morning.
- Don’t chat late at night when you are supposed to be sleeping. This will affect your quite time in the morning.
- Don’t miss any religious meeting or other important programs because you want to chat with your friends on social media.
- Avoid reading the word of God from your device because it creates distraction.
- Don’t belong to many social media platforms.
- Don’t leave your data on all the time.
Read More Interesting Story >> Ngnews247.com